Pharmalot does a great job with its Webcasts. See the description below for its upcoming Webcast scheduled for Leap Year. Click here to register.
Finally, the long anticipated draft rules of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as the Sunshine Act, were released by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. And there were some surprises. How will this affect your organization? How will your compliance have to change? How will this alter your Travel and Expense management? And what are some of the changes that key stakeholders have proposed?
Uncover the key points at a webinar where you will…
- Learn who are "applicable manufacturers" and "covered recipients"
- Be able to distinguish which drugs, devices, biologicals, and medical supplies are covered by the law
- Understand what details are required for each report & procedures for report submission and correction
- Appreciate the unique requirements for clinical trial expenditures, including "direct" and "indirect" research payments, and criteria for delayed release of such payment data on the internet
- Explain what penalties exist for failure to comply
CMS published the proposed rules on Dec. 19, 2011, with the comment period closing on Feb. 17, 2012. The proposed rule is below. Click here for an analysis by Skadden.